A variety of transportation options is available from the Portland Airport. They are:
- Shuttles for suburbs- prior reservations are required for these shuttles. The fares are not very high. They generally stop at Salem, Woodburn, Albany, Cornvallis and Eugene. The fares vary according to the place you stop at.
- Shuttles that go towards oregon- this runs between Portland, Redmond and Bend. This is the most preferred option due to its reasonable price. One must definitely rent a car here as there are beautiful places for sightseeing.
- Taxi – there are various companies which provide taxi services here. However, two or three taxi companies which are very popular. More or less, they all charge the same fare. The rates are fixed. No prior reservation is needed.
- Shuttles for premier hotels- This is another airport transportation service in Portland which serves all the hotels in downtown. The stopping points are fixed. For example, Benson, Marriott City Centre, Hilton and Marriott Waterfront. If one stops at any of these hotels no prior reservation is needed. If one needs to go to any other hotel one must book the shuttle in advance. They provide both pick up and drop off services.
- Redline max- this is a train service which runs through certain suburbs and certain parts of Portland. These include Hilsboro, Beaverton, Gresham and Clackamas. These train services might be avoided at night. They are completely safe during day time. However, these must be avoided if you have too much luggage.
- Guest post by www.allanportlandshuttle.com